Saturday, December 3, 2011

stone fruit salad with ginger, lime and mint




I don't think that I have anything else like this on the blog: peaches and nectarines with ginger lime syrup. How good does that sound?

I'm sorry that I didn't post this back when we all actually eat delicious summer peaches and nectarines. I have to work on updating this blog in a more timely fashion, but it's just so easy to fall behind. I'm sorry; I will try to be better.




But look how good that is! Just keep this page bookmarked so you can make this next summer and I promise you will thank me then. I would never have thought that peach and lime would work so well together, but the sweet juicy fruit and lime and spicy ginger combine to form a delicious burst of flavor, and the cooling mint keeps the ginger in check. The other great thing about this recipe is that it's so so easy. This would be a perfect no bake dessert for a summer dinner party.

Stone Fruits with Ginger-Lime Syrup and Mint
from Serious Eats

1 cup water
½ cup sugar
½ cup sliced fresh ginger, left unpeeled
3 ripe peaches, sliced
3 ripe plums, sliced
3 ripe nectarines, sliced
¼ cup fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint

Add water, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain out the ginger and pour the syrup into a large bowl and chill in the refrigerator. Add the sliced fruits, fresh lime juice and mint. Stir to combine. Cover and chill for 45 minutes to an hour.

You can eat the salad on it's own, like I did, but I bet it would be really good over warm angel food cake or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment