Wednesday, September 7, 2011

roasted ramps

So I already covered my ramp carbonara, but there was one other thing I did with ramps this past spring: I roasted them, plain and simple.




I drizzled my ramps with olive oil and tossed them with salt and pepper. Into the oven they went. When they emerged, the thin green ends were somewhat charred, but the bulby ends were soft and sweet and supple. Sometimes a simple roasting is the best thing to do with nature's bounty. Just make sure to keep an eye on your oven and to stir things around every so often to keep stuff from burning.

I am sorry for writing such a brief entry today, but sometimes is really is that easy. Don't worry, I've got plenty of great stuff up my sleeve and I am going to try and keep writing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment