Friday, September 23, 2011

maple black pepper pork chop

So a nice fat pork chop is always pretty good... on this blog alone I've covered quite a number of delicious preparations: breaded and baked, pan seared, coffee marinated, braised pizzaiole and agrodolce.




Obviously, I'm always on the look out for new ways to prepare one of my favorite foods, so when I saw this recipe for pork chops with a thyme, shallot black pepper and maple syrup sauce, it caught my eye right away. Thyme and shallots and black pepper and maple syrup? Mmmmmmmmmm.

I guess of all the other pork chops I've told you about this one's most similar to the agrodolce, in that the sauce cooks down into a sticky sweet syrup, although obviously this recipe is missing the agro, balancing the dolce instead with a spicy hit of black pepper. The shallots and thyme are also a nice touch, and I was especially excited because I could use the fresh thyme from my window sill garden. Happily, this is a winning combination for sure.




Laura made up a salad with tiny little food co-op strawberries to go with it. We also used goat cheese and arugula. Sometimes we get a little fancy. It wasn't the best salad I've ever had, but it rounded out the meal nicely.




Doesn't that look good?

No comments:

Post a Comment